Syracuse University College of Law Syracuse, NY – Juris Doctor, May 2008
Elective Concentration in Criminal Law – Basic Criminal Law, Federal Criminal Law, Evidence, Constitutional Criminal Procedure (Investigation), Constitutional Criminal Procedure (Adjudication), Advanced Criminal Procedure, Criminal Defense Clinic, Advanced Criminal Defense Clinic, Trial Practice and Advanced Trial Practice
Binghamton University Binghamton, NY – Bachelor of Arts in History, May 2005
Honors: American East Academic Honor Roll, Fall 2002, 2003
Activities: Division I Cross Country
Division I Track & Field
Solo Practitioner Newark, NY
December 2013 – Present
- Represented clients in felony and misdemeanor cases as well as Family Court, Matrimonial, Landlord Tenant, Small Claims, Parole, JD/P.I.N.S, Abuse & Neglect
- Conducted trials and hearings on a weekly basis, researched, argued and drafted motions
Wayne County public defender’s office Lyons, NY
Assistant Public Defender (Part Time) December 2013 – Present
- Represented clients in all stages of criminal proceedings in Justice Courts and Superior Courts
- Conducted trials; engaged in settlement negotiations; researched, drafted and argued motions; drafted appellate briefs; defended clients in parole revocation hearings.
Broome County Public Defender’s office Binghamton, NY
Assistant Public Defender April 2010 – December 2013
- Represented clients in all stages of criminal proceedings in Justice Courts, County Court, Parole, Drug Court, IDV, and appeals.
- Conducted trials; engaged in settlement negotiations; researched, drafted and argued motions; drafted appellate briefs.
Legal Aid Society of Wayne County Syracuse, NY
Staff Attorney August 2008 – April 2010
- Represented both respondents and petitioners in Wayne County Family Court and Support Court.
- Conducted hearings; researched, drafted and argued motions; engaged in settlement negotiations;
- Represented clients in custody, support, neglect and divorce actions.
Jenny Roberts, Assistant Professor & Director Syracuse, NY
Criminal Defense Clinic, Syracuse University College of Law
Research Assistant Summer 2007
- Provided both legal and social science research in the areas of collateral consequences of a criminal conviction and the duty to warn, particularly in respect to the emerging civil commitment of sexually violent predators statutes. See Jenny Roberts, “The Mythical Divide Between Collateral and Direct Consequences of Criminal Convictions: Involuntary Commitment of “Sexually Violent Predators“, 93 Minn. L. Rev. 670 (2008).
Criminal Defense Clinic, Syracuse University College of Law Syracuse, NY
Student Attorney Spring 2007 – Fall 2007
- Represented defendants in felony and misdemeanor cases before Syracuse Criminal Court, Onondaga County Court, Integrated Domestic Violence Court and Syracuse Drug Court from arraignment to completion
- Researched criminal law, drafted, filed and argued motions
- Second chaired felony matters